Skip to main content

Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill


Today's blog post has been written by my niece Charlotte, so I shall hand you straight over...

Darcy Burdock

Darcy Burdock is about a young girl who lives with her crazy family in London. Her most favourite thing in the world, apart from her pet lamb Lam-Beth, is writing stories.

I really enjoyed this book because it is about a girl who likes to write stories about funny random things that pop into her head. Some of her stories are based on things that are happening to her in the book at that time but others are just crazy things she thinks of. I like the idea that Darcy’s stories are incorporated in the book, which is her diary. I love diary style books because you can always see the characters inner thoughts and feelings, I think that this makes the story more interesting. I really like Darcy’s attitude and the way she thinks about things because she is very inquisitive. I think her drawings are really amusing but very messy.

There wasn’t very much I didn’t like about Darcy Burdock except that she does sometimes drift off about random things but I suppose that’s the whole point of a diary, isn’t it?

I would recommend this book to girls aged 7-11 because it is a medium-length book but a hilarious read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview With The Vampire: Claudia's Story by Anne Rice and Ashley Marie Witter

Super Special Summer Picnic Book Chase

My nieces and nephews and I have a monthly book club, called Book Chase (although it sometimes gains an extra 's' to become Book Chasse). The rules are simple: we all bring something we've read during the last month, talk about it to each other, and eat snacks. We live tweet each meeting with the hashtag BookChase. Sometimes, when we remember, we Storify all the tweets too. This month, we remembered!

[View the story "SUPER SPECIAL SUMMER PICNIC BOOK CHASE" on Storify]

How to Stuff Up Christmas by Rosie Blake

'Tis the season to be jolly. Unless you've found an intimate picture of another woman on your fiance's phone...  Eve is heartbroken after discovering her fiance is cheating on her. Being surrounded by the joys of Christmas is more than Eve can bear, so she chooses to avoid the festivities by spending Christmas alone on a houseboat in Pangbourne. Eve gets gets an unexpected seasonal surprise when handsome local vet Greg comes to her rescue one day, and continues to visit Eve's boat on a mission to transform her from Kitchen Disaster Zone to Culinary Queen. But where does Greg keep disappearing to? What does Eve's best friend Daisy know that she isn't telling? And why is there an angry goose stalking Eve's boat?
This book illustrates how special a thing it is to have people send you books out of the blue; it's a privilege and a pleasure. I wouldn't have known about this book, let alone read and loved it, if it hadn't landed in my letterbox. I'm …